Skip to main content

NOLLYWOOD ACTRESS CLARA SUNDAY OPENS UP ON HOW GIRLS GET TO THE TOP IN THE INDUSTRY

Fast rising nollywood  actress Clara Sunday has opened up on how female actors in the industry get to the top. Speaking to Eriacy Confidence of Coneri media blog and Coneri magazine, the beautiful actress cum model said most girls in the industry have to sleep with producers, directors and marketers before getting to the top. Below are excerpt of the interview:

         Coneri magazine/Coneri media blog
                           Tell us about yourself
                                     Clara Sunday
My name is Clara Sunday Abeng from Ababene in Obubra Local Government Area of Cross River State. I am currently a student of Federal College Of Education Obudu, Cross River State. I am a nollywood actress, model and dancer.
                                Coneri magazine/ Coneri media blog
When did you join the industry?
                                  CLARA SUNDAY
I joined the industry officially in 2014 when a filmmaker, Eriacy Confidence came to Ikom to do a job.Then I was with Gold field Entertainment. He came to the hotel that we were in a  rehearsing and saw me. He called out after the rehearsal and told me that he had a job for me. Although two of us were chosen but at the end I was given a sub lead in the movie. That was the first time I faced the camera, although it was difficult but he was very patient with me. After that job he invited me to Anambra for another job. This time he was only managing for Amaco Investment. But I was given a substantive role. When the job came out, he invited me for yet another one, that was the set of Escape From Sex. I played lead in that alongside Amaka Nwanyaku another actress he was also projecting.

                  WHY DID HE  GET SO  FOND OF YOU? WAS THERE ANYTHING BETWEEN YOU AND HIM?
actually, Eriacy Confidence and I are from the same Local Government Area. He is from Yala-Obubra while I am from Ababene. He did all he did for me because I am his sister.  He vowed to help anyone from Obubra. He has passion for the area.At a point he welcomed anyone from Obubra whether good or not.

HAVE YOU BEEN SEXUALLY MOLESTED?

No, not at all. I heard that such things exist but I have never experienced it and I pray never to experience it.

BETWEEN THE MALES AND FEMALES WHO IS IT EASIER TO MAKE IT IN THE INDUSTRY?
It is easier for females to make it in nollywood than males, especially if they are beautiful and talented. For instance, if a beautiful girl joins the industry, she gets more attention than when a guy joins the industry. Some producers and directors can even offer a new girl a PA job so as to have her close for whatever reason. Females get to locations and they are accommodated but nothing for the males.

Comments