Skip to main content

2023: Frank Ovat Seeks Return To The C'River State House Of Assembly, Picks Expression Of Interest/Nomination Forms


2023: Frank Ovat Seeks Return To The C'River House of Assembly, Picks Expression Of Interest/Nomination Forms 

The House of Assembly member currently representing Obubra II State constituency, Hon. Frank Ovat has formally declared intention to return to the Cross River State House of Assembly under the platform of the people's Democratic Party, PDP in the forthcoming elections.  

Ovat, accompanied by TEAM FRANK, a support group committed to ensuring his return to the Assembly stormed the party Secretariat on Monday to obtain his expression of interest/nomination forms. 

According to him, "Having consulted widely with stakeholders of the party and the good people of my constituency, I am seeking yet another opportunity to contribute to making policies and programmes that will improve the quality of lives of our people. I am seeking once again to serve the good people of Obubra II state constituency in the Cross River State House of Assembly come 2023"

The lawmaker cum businessman further said "We need people with the commitment, courage, integrity, intelligence and good character to take us forward. I am one person who believes that the job of lawmaking is sensitive to the well-being of the people and should only be entrusted in the hands of those who have not just the character and content but the interest of the people at heart. Having considered the fact that I possess all these qualities, I am presenting myself for this great task. I am determined, willing and ready to give the people of Obubra II State constituency unmatchable representation. I have the passion and capacity to do that. I  have been tested and proven. I am a party man. I have remained in the people's Democratic party even though they have been tempting offers to desert the family simply because I believe in the party. I am seeking to represent my people through the same platform"

Recall that few months ago, the media was agod with news of the Governor's defection to the All Progressive Congress, APC with almost all members of his cabinet and 20 members of the state's house of Assembly. However, Hon. Frank Ovat, his Colleague Representing Obubra I, Rt. Hon. Friday Okpechi and few others shunned the privilege of going with the Governor but have rather helped to rebuild the PDP, most especially in Obubra LGA. His commitment to the growth of the party and endearing representation in the last few years will no doubt speak for him as the party decides, in few weeks from now who bears their flag in the forthcoming general election.  


TeamFrank Media



Comments