Skip to main content

Meet Anekwe Francis, Nollywood Director And Coneri Magazine Face Of The Week



Meet Anekwe Francis, Nollywood Director And Coneri Magazine Face Of The Week

By Eriacy Confidence

A team from Coneri Magazine recently had  an interview with Nigerian creative director and incumbent Coneri Face Of The Week, Francis Anekwe on the state of the Nigerian film industry, his family and other topical issues in the country. And in the course, the new hottest Nollywood filmmaker revealed that helping the up and coming acts I'd his top priority.
Below is the full chat with the Anambra born director.

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
Complement of the season Sir. Please may we meet you?

FRANCIS ANEKWE
My name is Anekwe Onyedikachi Francis, a native of Ukpor in Nnewi South Local Government Area Of Anambra State. I am a nollywood Actor, one of the fastest growing film director and the present Coneri Magazine Face Of The week.

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW
please kindly tell us about your career as a film director, how it all started and the level you are presently in the industry.


                    My Sister's Blood

FRANCIS ANEKWE:
 Well it all started way back in Abuja. The truth remains that I was focused more on being a professional footballer than being a film maker
But my first experience about movie Changed my mindset. I enterd into the movie industry by the help of a friend called onyebuchi ibe. Though I saw it as somthing strange. But gradually, I stated putting interest. So after my first film project, the owner did a premier and I was applauded for my art, I decided to take the career seriously.
Despite the fact that I acted just one scene and as a gateman. The producer of the movie, Festus Iduh said to me, Francis you are born to be an actor. But I never got it clear untill today. The big break came after much struggle after paying dues for several years and as a result of much patience and  prayers. I must confess that were I am today as a fast growing film director today is orchestrated by God. If it was to be man it won't have been that possible for me.
Uzilla 



CHALLENGES
 For the challenges, well the first challenges I faced while pursuing this career were from home. My father and mother hated movie so much. In fact, my father being a disciplinarian saw the movie industry as something that will corrupt me. He wanted all his kids to go to school and study progressional courses.
My father and mother antagonised me against this career for long untill lately.
Secondly, finance was my greatest challenge.You know that  while growing you have to catered for your needs alone, especially travelling to shoots and back, meeting Production managers for roles,tips producer and lots more.
My BROther, then and now are not the same. It was more difficult than now.The system was rough then but we bless God for today

WHERE I AM NOW
well, Francis Anekwe is now one of nollywood's most sort after directors. I will say that it has been God all through. So far so good the career is lucrative. This is the reason I made a vow to God to use my position to help the up and coming  ones in the little way I can. So my priority is to help them achieve their dream without facing what I faced

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
what will you say, outside God helped through the process?




FRANCIS ANEKWE:
I will say passion and hard work have a lot to do with how well I have come.


CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
Apart from film making, what else do you do?

Tresure Eyam:
 Apart from the screen, I am a business man.

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
Talking about the movie industry, can you tell our readers your exploits in Nollywood?

 FRANCIS ANEKWE
In Nollywood I do basically directing and once in a while, I act. I have directed movies such as Reflection, Uzilla, Liberate Me Oh Lord, My sisters Blood, Ghetto Mama just to mention but a few featuring stars such as Patience Ozorkwor, Zack Orji, Kelvin Books and several others.



CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
Still on Nollywood, which genre of movies do you enjoy directing?

FRANCIS ANEKWE:
Can a charger choose the kind of phone it will charge? As a director, I'm a multiple charger. I enjoy directing all the genres although, I love epic.

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW!
Tell us about your next project.

FRANCIS ANEKWE
 My next project is a film titled youngest widow, an epic movie base on Kenya setting,  particularly
the Swahili people written by Don Brymo and to be filmed for Rok, with a very unique story. The movie which will star Caz chidebe,Don Brymo, Ify Eze is to be shot on 4k that is cinema.

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
Are you married?

FRANCIS ANEKWE
No. But currently in a relationship.

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW
Tell us about your growing up.



                  Francis Anekwe on duty

FRANCIS ANEKWE
Well growing up was not easy, I come from an average background, we were poor neither were we rich. And I attended one of the best schools in Abuja, precisely I attended Government secondary school Kubwa. My father was a carpenter my mother was a strong trader, who worked hard to make sure his children eat and meet up with other kids. While growing up we never had a television set. My father's hatred for film and electric gadget made him decide not to buy one so that we can concentrate on our studies. I can recalled those days in secondary and primary school that we walked on foot about 15 kilometer to school.All was training. Generally I will say my childhood was fun growing up except for d fact that I watched TV in my neighbor's room.




CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
Talking about being a movie director, how long have you been doing it and how much longer do you think you can go with film making, especially now that a lot of your colleagues are leaving the industry to find greener pastures outside

FRANCIS ANEKWE
Well I have just directed movies for about 1year and few months.And I will say God has being faithful.
 Well I see my self directing movies for the rest of my life and far beyond nollywood, that is
 Hollywood.
I see my self making fortunes out of the movie industry , because the truth remains that after oil business, movie making is one of the most lucrative businesses and has a lot of avenues to make Money ranging from TV sales to foreign rite sales,to YouTube. Yeah  I will say those leaving are those that just came to spy on the business or may be do not understand the business well.As for me I go no were. No leave no transfer


                Francis Anekwe and Super Star .                        Actress Patience Ozorkwor

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
Where do you want to be ten years from now in Nollywood?

FRANCIS ANEKWE
At the apex of my career.

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
How do you relate with your fans, especially the female folks

FRANCIS ANEKWE
 Well naturally, Francis is a free man,I really do not segregate at all. I treat the males same way I treat the females.
But with maximum respect because without the support from them my efforts are fruitless



CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
What is the best thing that has happened to you?

FRANCIS ANEKWE
Knowing Christ and too joining the movie industry

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW
Can you date or marry a colleague in Nollywood.

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
Where do you want to be ten years from now in Nollywood?

FRANCIS ANEKWE
At the apex of my career.

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
How do you relate with your fans, especially the female folks


FRANCIS ANEKWE
 Well naturally, Francis is a free man,I really do not segregate at all. I treat the males same way I treat the females.
But with maximum respect because without the support from them my efforts are fruitless

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
What is the best thing that has happened to you?

FRANCIS ANEKWE
Knowing Christ and too joining the movie industry


CONERI MAGAZINE CREW
Can you date or marry a colleague in Nollywood.

FRANCIS ANEKWE
yes!  I am currently dating an actress.  And I have always wanted to marry one  because I have this belief that if I don't marry someone in my field my marriage may not work out. So yes I can marry a film maker

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW:
Your philosophy, hubbies, likes and dislikes.


         
FRANCIS ANEKWE
My philosophy in life is to be successful. And be more productive. Hobbies:I love watching football. And sometimes I love to play too. Seeing Nollywood movies too, Especially my movies. I like honest, kind hearted people around me. I like seeing people happy. I love to give everyday of my life. I hate fake people. I hate liars

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW
Tell us about your management.

              Francis and Zack Orji


FRANCIS ANEKWE
I just recently signed up with Coneri Magazine for management. I believe in their in their ability to market my career and person.

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW
What is your advice to your fans



FRANCIS ANEKWA
 Don't always see us as what we act. Some of us are nice and cool people to be with.  Pls when chatting us if we don't reply don't pick offense its not really easy my lovely fans. Keep supporting my brand.

CONERI MAGAZINE CREW
How can your fans and customers locate you on social media?

FRANCIS ANEKWE
Follow me on social media @Francis Anekwe or contact my manager at Coneri Magazine.
How can your fans and customers locate you on social media?

FRANCIS ANEKWE
Follow me on social media @Francis Anekwe or contact my manager at Coneri Magazine.

        Francis Anekwe next project titled                    Youngest Widow

Comments